Karus Chains, an online jewelry retailer that specializes in gold chains for men has mined data using Google’s forecast tool and published some interesting trends. They used 22,674 keywords related to 4 categories of jewelry and jewelry brands and thus based on over 48 million searches, have made predictions of most popular jewelry this Christmas. The prediction is for two weeks period starting from 28th November 2016 because, according to their research, these two are the busiest weeks for online shopping searches prior to Christmas.
- The research says, the most popular jewellery accessory is Engagement rings followed by gold necklaces, gold earrings and charm bracelets.
- Pandora tops the list of most popular designer accessory with its Princess rings and Charm bracelets at first two positions respectively. While Tiffany’s Heart necklace and Swarovski’s crystal earrings are the third and fourth most popular designer accessories respectively.
- For necklaces, Tiffany is the most popular brand but for rings, bracelets and earrings, Pandora enjoys the top position.
- Even among men’s jewellery accessories, wedding rings are the popular choice. It is followed by gold chains, gold bracelets and silver cufflinks.
- Gold, diamond, stud, hoop and silver are the top five earrings categories according to the search predictions. While, Gold, silver, diamond, pearl and choker are the leading five necklace categories and charm, gold, silver, diamond, and tennis are the top five bracelet categories.
Certain other key findings of this research are:
- During the period of two weeks starting from 28th November, the online search for jewelry is going to increase by 53% as compared to preceding two weeks,
- There may be increase of 73% in earrings category, highest among rings, earrings, bracelets and necklaces,
- Searches for men’s jewelry are expected to increase by 42% and
- Gold chains for men is predicted to experience hike of 44%, highest among all the men’s jewellery.